Last year, GSSEM launched the Honor Troop Patch Program as…
As we approach our 2021 Honors Reception honoring our Bronze, Silver, and Gold Award Girl Scouts, GSSEM is also looking to recognize girls who exemplify our Jennifer Barnum Spirit and Tammie Murray Awards. These special recognitions are given to girls who embrace the Girl Scout spirit through their leadership in their communities and beyond.
Nomination packets must be received by Monday, March 22 at 11:59 PM.
About the Jennifer Barnum Spirit Award:
- Presented to a Cadette, Senior, or Ambassador Girl Scout who has demonstrated true Girl Scout spirit.
- Nominees must demonstrate courage and enthusiasm in their day-to-day life, not just during Girl Scout activities.
- Recipients should be the embodiment of this quote by Juliette Low: “We shall make scouting so much a part of our life that people will recognize the spirit and say, ‘Why, of course, she is a Girl Scout!'”
- Nominate a Girl Scout for the Jennifer Barnum Spirit Award >>
About the Tammie Murray Award:
- Presented to a Cadette, Senior, or Ambassador Girl Scout who is actively involved in Girl Scouting and personifies the Girl Scout Law throughout all of her activities.
- Nominees must be leaders by example through outstanding service to others and their communities, mentorship of younger girls, and a proven commitment to her goals, such as academics, sports, etc.
- Nominate a Girl Scout for the Tammie Murray Award >>